Normal blood pressure is 120/80. A slight upside down does not make any difference, but if the upper number 120 reaches below than 90, then it is called low blood pressure or HYPO-tension.
Often people do not take it seriously. Lower blood pressure in the body makes blood unable to reach the required organs and obstruct their function. This can affect the heart, kidneys, lungs, and brain which could partially or completely stop functioning.
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure
Low blood pressure patients generally get following symptoms:
- Sudden fainting and blank vision
- Numbness for few moments
- Cold feet
What is the treatment for Low Blood Pressure?
- Check BP in both ways lying down and standing.
- Immediately consult with a doctor. If the low blood pressure is caused by any medication, consult the doctor to reduce the quantity of the medicine or completely stopping it.
- Eat nutritious food, including different types of fruits, vegetables, cereals, low-fat meats and fish in the food.
- Eat little dosage of food many times instead one or 2 big meals.
- Reduce the use of foods that contain more carbohydrate such as potatoes, rice, and bread.
- Avoid smoking, stay active, avoid excessive sweating, do not roam in the sun and eat enough salt.
- Avoid too much stress.